Sunday, March 16, 2008

A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

I have a feeling from what I have heard....this book is flying off the shelf. My daughter Jenny and I are both reading this book. She is ahead of me, I am catching up. We are discussing what we read and what it means to us. I had not planned to read this book, but thought it would be fun if Jenny and I did this. Jenny lives about 17 miles from me, I think a lot of our discussions will be one the phone. She came over last night and we spent almost an hour talking about what I had read so far. It was fun.
And that lead me to making this new site. I have always had a Journal, but I never seem to get all the stories out that I want to share, or just because it is apart of my history. Could be just something about nothing. We will see.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I am reading this book too. Usually I dislike self-help books but I have found a lot of valuable insights in this one.

Good luck with your new blog. I just started two new ones - a book "review" blog and an art/poetry blog. I felt I had a lot more to share that didn't fit into my regular blog.

Janet said...

Good luck with your new blog! My daughter and I are both reading this book, too....along with millions of other people!! Every Monday after the online lessons we call each other on the phone and discuss what was said.

Carrie J said...

I haven't picked up the book. I signed up for Oprah's online class but I haven't yet logged in. I heard someone say that the book is based on Buddhist beliefs. I don't have a problem with that as I find truth in many areas, I'm just wondering. I look forward to reading your comments here.

Queengram said...

Hi Mary,
Carol

Queengram said...

I'm currently reading Ekhart Tolle's book as well with my best friend. We are really getting alot out of the class. At first I had a hard time understanding his writings. Once the class started it all made a lot of scence. The class really adds a lot of dimemsion to the book. The unline discussions makes the reading more enjoyable. On Tuesday's you can watch the previous Monday's class. You can also go back and watch from the beginning. I highly recommend the class. Ekhart Tolle has a cute way about him. He's a great speaker and I really like his cute little laugh.