Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mastering the art of Friendship

How many friends can you call your best friend?

I am not sure that I know what that means. It seems to me that I have had few people that would be considered best friend. Her life would change, or my life would change and somehow we would just go down different roads.

I used to be more social than I am now. I wanted or needed people around me all the time. But the past few years I seem very content to do my own thing. I find a curtain peace in myself that didn't exist before.

I had always been miss fix it, make it, do it, find it, a real social director. And then when I was not busy, I was lost....searching for something to do, to fill the hours. So I was a volunteer for almost anything. And friendships are made. When the job is done, we scatter to other things and although we stay in touch, it is not the bond that was there while working together.

I think we all need friends, they are the comforter for our heart. But if you find yourself having failed relationships the blame game happens. Is a friendship like a marriage, can it be that you just fall out of love with that person or they you. If I were to make a list of friends, how many would I call best friends. If I am really blessed there would be one.

This question came from another blogger...why do we blog? What does it serve in our life?
Does it have anything to do with friendships, or is it about the sharing?

2 comments:

Real World Martha said...

I blog to release all that is caught up in my brain and I do like the people that I meet as well. I enjoy hearing other stories and learning from others. I think friendships change but I really love my friendships. I only wish I had a core that I did stuff with. None of my friends really know each other and a lot of them live in a distance from me so it's hard to get together even though we are in the same city.
Debbie aka The Real World Martha(S)
http://realworldmartha.wordpress.com

Queengram said...

I have a best friend and we've been best friends for 48 years. I have many aquaintances and a couple of friends. Best friends means you love on the good days as well as the bad. I guess that's why I've been married 40 years and with my husband 43 years.
I'm a real homebody and so is my best friend. I guess your best friend needs to be able to deal with you on your day's from hell. I'm a pretty passive person so she hasn't had much to deal with and likewise for her. We've had a couple of disagreements that caused a seperation for a short period. I always knew what a great friend she was because we both needed to reconnect. We couldn't stand to be separated. I hope you all have that kind of connection.